Donor Relations 2016
Access to Success Positions – 2016
The Role of Interns
We are dedicated to creating pathways for new opportunities while improving the surrounding community of our program participants. We are looking for qualified candidates for various internship positions that have a strong interest in child and community development. A2S is looking for independently driven, but team-oriented individuals who are able to be proactive without direct supervision and with the ability to manage multiple tasks well.
A2S internships are primarily unpaid positions but we offer a stipend of $500 per semester as long as intern meets his/her time requirements. If your school provides internship credit, we are happy to provide assistance securing it. While start and end dates are negotiable for these internships, A2S is especially interested in candidates who are able to work with our foundation for several months (semester minimum, a year ideally) and those who are willing to work independently with direction as needed (after being trained on the A2S organizational structure).
We want someone who is: fun, flexible, creative, a self-starter, and a team player!!!
Internship Opportunities – send resumes & a brief cover letter stating your background and interest in A2S firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Donor Relations Intern
Skills and Requirements:
- Upperclassmen pursuing a bachelor’s degree, recent graduates or students pursuing a master’s degree in nonprofit management, business, or a related field
- Interests in all aspects of donor relations for a growing non-profit, including but not limited to prospecting donors, management of donor relationships, database management, and marketing
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office (word and excel specifically), willingness to learn Donor Perfect Online
- Attention to detail in order to maintain data integrity for donor information
- Strong history of follow through on tasks and the ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to ensure confidentiality and security of sensitive donor information
- Participating as an active member of the A2S Davidson College Student Charter is required if this position is filled by a Davidson College student
Tasks and Projects:
- Maintain A2S donor management system through the web-version of Donor Perfect. Must be willing to become a self-taught ‘expert’ and be willing to instruct others in A2S on how to use the system
- Coordinate direct mail campaigns and gift acknowledgment letters
- Create a donor loyalty program
- Manage correspondence with A2S online campaign creators and donors
- Ability to make cold calls, send emails, and make public appearances for A2S in a professional and friendly manner – must have in-depth knowledge of all A2S achievements and program updates at all times
- Work with A2S staff to further engage A2S’s Board of Directors, Board of Advisors and major donors
- Have a presence at major A2S events as possible (dependent upon location) – using all opportunities to network with donors
- Research funding sources (foundations, corporations, individuals, public sources, etc.) and gather knowledge about grant proposals and grant opportunities
- Other special projects as assigned