Events and Fundraising Intern 2018
Access to Success Positions – 2018
The Role of Interns
We are dedicated to creating pathways for new opportunities while improving the surrounding community of our program participants. We are looking for qualified candidates for various internship positions that have a strong interest in child and community development. A2S is looking for independently driven, but team-oriented individuals who are able to be proactive without direct supervision and with the ability to manage multiple tasks well.
A2S internships are primarily unpaid positions but we offer a stipend of $500 per semester as long as intern meets his/her time requirements. If your school provides internship credit, we are happy to provide assistance securing it. While start and end dates are negotiable for these internships, A2S is especially interested in candidates who are able to work with our foundation for several months (semester minimum, a year ideally) and those who are willing to work independently with direction as needed (after being trained on the A2S organizational structure).
We want someone who is: fun, flexible, creative, a self-starter, and a team player!
Internship Opportunities – send resumes & a brief cover letter stating your background and interest in A2S email@example.com to apply.
Application Deadlines: Spring Internship – February 2, Summer Internship – March 15 (if interested in traveling on A2S summer mission trip) or by April 15
Events and Fundraising Intern
Skills and Requirements:
- Undergraduate pursuing a bachelor’s degree, recent graduates or students pursuing a master’s degree in communications, marketing, economics/business, public administration or public policy, or a related field
- Ability to make “cold calls” and public appearances for A2S, interacting A2S supporters, nonprofit executives, and community businesses and schools
- Familiarity with nonprofits, the creation and implementation of business/marketing plans, or interested in learning more about these
- Attention to detail, strong history of follow through on tasks and the ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to ensure confidentiality and security of sensitive donor information
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva (at the least, the willingness to master)
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Tasks and Projects:
- Work with A2S staff to plan, develop, and execute newly established fundraising avenues to secure new funds
- This involves, but is not limited to: event planning, marketing, sponsorships, and volunteer management
- Work alongside the A2S staff to further develop and grow existing fundraiser, with a goal of increasing participation and amount fundraised from prior years
- Formalize a process and work with A2S staff to coordinate a successful event for culmination/recognition of participating sponsors/teams/schools
- Assist A2S staff in managing and operating fundraising events, having a presence at all major A2S events
- Special focus on improving participation in every A2S event
- Explore creative ways to increase A2S’s visibility
- Other special projects as assigned