A2S Meal-a-Thon: November/December 2017
Thank you for your generous support of our fourth annual A2S Meal-A-Thon! With your help, we have served over 110,000 meals through the A2S Feeding Program since 2013. This year, our Meal-A-Thon raised over $85,000! These funds will continue to support our A2S Feeding Program as well as the Christian-based Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp we sponsor. During our summer trip to Benin City, we made a visit to this camp, where 90% of the 2500 refugees are children. Many of the children were sent to the camp to be removed from the terrorist violence in their towns. Too many of these children watched their fathers lose their lives at the hand of these terrorists.
Now these children are starving. The IDP camp is in dire need of resources such as rice, beans, and other essential food items to care for the children and widows.
Because of the generosity of an anonymous donor, all gifts up to $42,000 were matched! This will allow us to feed those at the IDP camp for one week a month during 2017 as well as nourish the children in our A2S Feeding Program throughout the year.
Thank you for your support!
$22 Feeds A Child For A Month
To many of us, $22 means one dinner at our favorite restaurant. To a child in Nigeria, $22 means a hot meal every single day for a month. Extend your end-of-year support by making a recurring gift of $22 a month to change a child’s life this year.
How can you get involved in the A2S Meal-A-Thon? Be part of 31 Days of Giving Challenge! Find a different way every day to give back to A2S and donate the money you raise, save, or earn to provide meals for children in Nigeria. Be sure to share the ways you make a difference on social media!
- Rake leaves for a neighbor.
- Fold laundry for the family.
- Host a ping pong tournament.
- Host a holiday bake sale.
- Sell hot chocolate on a cold night.
- Host a car wash.
- Hold a 50/50 raffle.
- Start an A2S fundraising campaign.
- Be the neighborhood dog walker.
- Do odd jobs for friends and family.
- Have a dress down (or dress up!) day at school/work.
- Run a Turkey Trot and raise money for your steps.
- Collect gently used items and have a yard sale.
- Provide gift wrapping for family and friends.
- Ask a local restaurant to give 10% of a day’s proceeds to A2S.
- Clip coupons for grocery list items.
- Make holiday gifts instead of purchasing them.
- Pack lunch instead of purchasing.
- Give up your morning coffee run.
- Make dinner instead of eating out.
- Skip movie night at the theater and rent instead.
- Make your holiday Christmas cards.
- Put extra change in a jar at the end of each day.
- Give up a meal together and give proceeds to A2S.
- Give up that new iPhone app (no PokeCoins!)