Communications Intern 2017
Access to Success Positions – 2017
The Role of Interns
We are dedicated to creating pathways for new opportunities while improving the surrounding community of our program participants. We are looking for qualified candidates for various internship positions that have a strong interest in child and community development. A2S is looking for independently driven, but team-oriented individuals who are able to be proactive without direct supervision and with the ability to manage multiple tasks well.
A2S internships are primarily unpaid positions but we offer a stipend of $500 per semester as long as intern meets his/her time requirements. If your school provides internship credit, we are happy to provide assistance securing it. While start and end dates are negotiable for these internships, A2S is especially interested in candidates who are able to work with our foundation for several months (semester minimum, a year ideally) and those who are willing to work independently with direction as needed (after being trained on the A2S organizational structure).
We want someone who is: fun, flexible, creative, a self-starter, and a team player!
Internship Opportunities – send resumes & a brief cover letter stating your background and interest in A2S email@example.com to apply.
A2S is currently working very hard to establish an engaging online experience. The A2S Communication Intern will have the overall task of brining A2S’s message of love and hope to life online.
Skills and Requirements:
- Upperclassmen pursuing a bachelor’s degree, recent graduates or students pursuing a degree in journalism, English, Communication with interest in digital media, social media marketing, and/or website management a plus.
- Exceptional research, organizational and written and oral communication skills including strong online writing skills with creative ability to process technical and abstract ideas to establish beneficial messaging.
- Attention to detail in order meet the demands of established style and best practices
- Strong history of follow through on tasks, teamwork and the ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Interested in gaining experience with content managing systems, experience with basic HTML is helpful
- Basic knowledge on search engine marketing/optimization, web analytics and social media platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
Tasks and Projects:
- Creates, edits and manages content development for A2S and other online properties working across the organization to ensure content are current and relevant to current communications priorities.
- Works with A2S communications, marketing and donor relations departments to post or fix problems with content.
- Identify new content and additions to all online platforms to keep them fresh and engaging.
- Ensures message consistency, proofs website for mission consistency and writing accuracy and enforces style guidelines for both text and layout.
- Partners with A2S and myA2S web developers for repurposing Web content and manages site content translations as needed.
- Works closely with A2S staff for the development and execution of a content strategy consistent with communications priorities.
- Audits and manages inventory of all website content assets and refresh schedules.
- Identifies and analyzes site metrics for success and participates in ongoing measurement, tracking and refinement.
- Evaluates site content for its value in search engine optimization and optimizes Web content for conversion on calls to action, search engine traffic and other key performance indicators.
- Advances site quality and usability by researching and recommending ways of packaging and presenting content.
- Plays an integral role in the evolution of A2S’s digital initiatives by engaging in strategic planning discussions with Web Communications team and providing recommendations to further advance communications goals.
- Keeps up-to-date with best practices in writing for the Web, social media trends, Web usability, Web design, and non-profit industry trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.